View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

One Year Ago
In October of last year a friend told me about a game on the internet where I might be able to make money and I might enjoy. I'm culturally illiterate and didn't know what hold'em was, as I hate television and just largly avoid fads.

I started with a $50 bankroll, added $200 to it and pretended that I was still on the $50 (denial). Read SSHE, TOP, and started a poker library, figured out that bonus whoring would help compensate for my bad early play.

I started to turn EV+ around March in SNGs and low stakes limit. My NL game was atrocious, and I really wanted to get into MTTs but I didn't have the knowledge.

I started lurking here in April and got HOH and HOH vol 2 when they came out. Made game adjustments, started crushing our home games and started to build the bankroll.

Took a break from July to November to teach English abroad. The school sucked and I was their bitch so I quit to play poker.

NOW

In the last month I've cashed 4 FTs, won an EPT seat at the Monaco final event and still don't play big pocket pairs right.

I look forward to learning more from my fellow 2+2ers to find out how I can get even more EV+ and find the holes in my game.

You all are the greatest, have an excellent year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]