View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 01:31 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Defending my $4-$8 Article

as far as the flush draw fold...i think i put in how it's the effective odds arent there to call this...as in the example of TOP. wouldnt you agree? i think with the model i put, youd need one more player to call to make this call 'technically' correct....not sure if you saw that response i put there...wondered what you thought...

i also agree on not calling a double bet back if your hand doesnt warrant it...ive been chiming about that lately in a couple threads....youre right..it IS the equivilant of a douvle bet...except arent your implied odds still a little bigger? but maybe not enough to warrant the call....i got that right?

i mean the later bets are still $8 on the turn and river...so couldnt you figure your limping hand should be strong enough to be a 1.5 hand in a 2-4 structure? meaning a different way of looking at it continuity-wise...looking at i that way, it's the same. so calling a raise behind you, you wont necesarily need as strong a hand as if you were putting $8 in total for the round. instead youre putting in $6. not sure if i asked/explained that right....

one more try...(to make sure im asking it right) calling another reraise and putting a total of $8 in (2-4) when the big bets turn to $8, youd need a stronger hand than putting $6 in (1-2) withthe same later limits...differential between early preflop bet size to bets on later rounds...arent your implied odds bigger with the 1-2 structure?

i remember that article well, and started a thread about it awhile back...it was a main point in how some LV 4-8 games differ from games outside of LV and how the plays can be different...

i thought it was a great article myself...

see ya...

b