View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Second-guessing myself

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
getting to this stage in a SNG and having no idea at all how your opponents play will make it difficult to beat even the $11's at any significant rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that statement, because your average $11 player is ridiculously bad. It is certainly possible to beat them at a significant rate absent reads of any kind as long as your bubble skills are solid.

However, I will agree that 9-tabling $11's shouldn't be high on any aspiring player's to do list. Get your skill set up to a higher level, then add in tables if you can.

The only ways I can see 9-tabling $11's as a good exercise is if your "normal" game is higher and you are simply working on multitabling skills, or if you are in the midst of some type of bankroll recovery exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we just have a different number in mind when using the term "significant rate."

But there's no way you can have a 20% ROI without considering your opponents and their tendancies to any degree at all.

In fact, I would say that you see the widest range in terms of player tendancies at the lower limits. You will have some "pros," some rocks, many donks, and even some people who are just drunk and open pushing whenever they feel like it. You really need to know who you are up against.

Irieguy