View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: What is Poker Tracker?

First let me say I believe Poker Tracker has great merit as an application, is well written, and highly respected by the online player community.

Now to the part to be cautious of...
I went to Poker Tracker knowing I was going to purchase the software and got a very COLD and nasty welcome.

On the main page of the site there are link's to the forum where you can get info on the HUD's and other software which works with poker tracker. Great I thought!

I clicked on the HUD links, signed up in the forum and ask in both hud forums if the software was compatible with Hold'em Genius online odds calculator (no links to software, or other info on Hold'em Genius was mentioned). I simply ask a compatibilityquestion. Yes these were my first post to the forum site (not unusual for a new prospective customer) and I needed this information to know where to go for additional compatible software.

To my surprise I was shut off from the forum without notice and received a very nasty e-mail from Poker Tracker forum moderator accusing me of spamming, and posting the same post in two different forums (there were two HUD's to ask about). On top of that it was also point out that as a new user my actions were even more suspect.

I replied in a like fashion demanding an apology for the degrading e-mail and ask that I be reinstated to the forum. This was all met with no response back from Poker Tracker moderator and additional e-mail to the sales staff were also ignored. All of this leads me to believe the company is a small one or two man shop running on questionable ethics at best.

Although I think the program may be great this leaves some serious thoughts as to the credibility of the company as a whole. Too bad they are the only game in town when it comes to tracking hand history. Since I do not want or desire to do business with a company which has found it suitable to take the actions they took against a simple inquiry by a prospective buyer wanting more information about side products offered on their site this leaves me with nothing.

Beware of the forum mods at the Poker Tracker Forum! To this day I have received no response from the forum moderator or from Poker Tracker the business.

Monty