View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: John Cole\'s Idea Of An Over-50 Forum Has Merit

[ QUOTE ]
We'll put my silly criticism of this aside for a moment (see my last post in this thread); I'll try to give this a serious response:

Let me preface this buy saying I don't think 2+2 is interested in this (this = the idea I'm about to propose), and I doubt such an idea would ever come to fruition; and I question the wisdom of an "over 50" forum.

Having said all that, it seems like a very good idea to host 2 separate political forums; one forum can maintain the status quo, and remain a place for the partisan free-for-all, name-calling, "OWNED" picture posting type silliness that some of us have come to know (and appreciate).

And another forum can host a moderated, mellow place to relax and shoot the [censored] about politics in a way that won't ruffle too many feathers; I wouldn't recommend membership requirements, but trusted veterans (whoever --- MMMMMM, andyfox, John Cole, adios, etc.) can be given moderating privileges and can regulate the forum in whatever manner they see fit. I wasn't around then, but there seems to be alot of 'those were the days' type nostalgia from some here, and they might appreciate a place where they can relive the good 'ole days before others showed up and ruined their fun.

I’m quite sure it will never happen, but the idea doesn’t sound all that bad to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....the idea of 2 forums, moderated & unmoderated is fine with me.

If someone wants to create a moderated 'boys club' where they can comfortably share their opinions, why would anyone object?

I'm more than content with letting water seek its' own level in this regard.