View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: This needs to be settled, vote on Empire here

haven't read the whole thread.

[ QUOTE ]
as far as I understand it, empire is banning people that costs them money.

These same people are the players that thinks this is a marketing fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on empire a lot...and still play there although not quite as much. And I also think it is a marketing fiasco and a terrible decision.

Even Party itself hasn't done anything like this.
Nor has Stars or crypto or pokerroom or anywhere else.

If it is really such a great plan to ban these players (as opposed to any other options they could have chosen) then they are the only ones to have figured this out.

Stars and crypto's bonuses kept me coming back.

I decided I like Stars enough to continue playing there in the absence of customers.
That was part of the strategy of their re-load in the first place. To attract some of their current customers.

For quite awhile they were not making any revenue on my play there. I was pretty much bonusing there only.

Crypto could have had a chance to win my business too by continually bringing me back to check them out.
Unfortunately for them...I don't particularly care for the software there.
However...that hasn't stopped me from occasionally giving them another shot during another bonus-clear.

I don't like what Empire is doing one bit but they will continue to have my business because I'm in the royal-flush club and the benefits are too good to pass up even if their points structure is idiotic.

I get the free $100/month (no raked-hands requirement), occasional RF club freerolls, a free TV will be coming shortly, and they also have some raffles giving away various pries like a laptop or digital camera.
So I'll continue to play there with some of these incentives.

But everything they are giving me compared with the amount I am playing there isn't exactly lining their pockets either

Obviously empire is well within their rights to ban whatever players they want. But those who think they are actually gaining EV out of banning these players are not really correct
...they could have done other things to stop any of the trivial losses they have suffered while perhaps doing more to attract the players to stay there longer during non-bonus times.

Or they could just take the patient approach like stars and other sites and continue to bring the vanishing players back until they decide, like me, that they like playing there regardless of whether a bonus is offered.
With some of their VIP incentives they could potentially have done thing with some customers.