View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 02:10 PM

Default 20-40 -- Thinking about what he\'s thinking I\'m thinking...

I'm in the BB with 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . UTG, a friendly pro, raises. This was a table with mostly poor players that had unfortunately hunkered down tightly into its shell, with an early raise often winning the blinds. Because of this, I felt that UTG had loosened up his EP raising standards significantly. Folded around to the SB, who calls. He's a passive type who mostly calls and bets only when he's sure he's winning. Who calls here? I'm fairly new to mid-limits, and still trying to pin down my blind defense standards. Before this hand, I wasn't sure what UTG thought of me, other than that he seemed to have some respect for my play. I'm quite young - barely old enough to play legally - and fairly aggressive.

Flop: 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG raises, SB folds. I call.

Turn 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] - 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet. UTG calls.

River 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] - 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] - 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, I think for a second and fold.

Comments? My thoughts and results to come.