View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Should I finish college? (long)

You are a good friend, and I admire your skills as a poker player greatly. We have had some good times together and it's been a pleasure getting to know you.

Rather than follow what everyone else on this site has said, I'm going to switch it up a bit. You need to follow your heart. If being in school makes you miserable, then you just cannot do it.

That said, you also need to consider everything that constitutes happiness. What importance does finishing school have on your parents? Will you forever be a dissapointment in their eyes if you don't? What about extended family? Friends? What happens if in three years, after 1.2million or so in profit, you decide that you're ready to take a break and try something new. The money's great, but what are your options?

You (as well as me and many others) are super blessed to come from upper middle class families where our parents support our living situation and to some extent our schooling. This puts you in a really unique opportunity to explore your life to the fullest.

If you will only be happy at the table, then the answer is clear in my mind. If happiness combines other elements of life, then I think you need to take a step back and consider a more practical approach.