View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: 30-60 flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
I'll just throw this out there, but I don't think that cold calling is all that terrible. In fact, it might be the best option. Your relative position is pretty good here, and cold calling allows you see the card that comes off on the turn and how everyone else reacts to it. 3-betting doesn't really protect your hand and gets you somewhat potstuck, and probably doesn't anything to purify the information that you're getting from your opponents. This pot's really huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did cold call here. At first I thought it might have been a mistake, but its a little tough for me to see why three betting is a better option. I still think its really close to a fold, but IMO calling is probably better than raising. Im not going to fold the SB for two more bets here, and the BB is just going to punish me with a four bet when he is ahead. I also figured by calling I might give myself a chance to ditch it on the turn. If I three bet the flop, Im going to have to bet a lot of turn cards when its checked to me, and there is a decent chance I'll face a checkraise. If I just call, the action might go bet and raise to me, in which case I can safely muck. Like you said everybody is pretty pot stuck at this point so I dont really see the advantage of three betting.