Thread: classic rock?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: classic rock?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess they couldn't keep the same 40-song playlist forever.

[/ QUOTE ]
well maybe not 40 songs give the radio SOME credit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

i guess i don't listen to the radio enough (probably a good thing) since hadn't heard GNR on a classic station before.

there are many arguements for this. i originally was kind of confused cause i thought, "nirvana? chains? this is alternative/grunge, it should be on the EDGE (our alternative station) not classic rock." i was thinking that classic rock is defined as a type of music not a year in music. this is what i have always thought and i would get be confused when 80's music would filter in the station but wouldn't think anything of it b/c i classified it has classic b/c it was artists such as the boss and aerosmith and the stones etc that had hits in the 70's as well.

i can somewhat understand GNR, but chains and nirvana aren't even really rock. nirvana not really started but "launched" a whole new scene of music and now they have moved from the alternative station (the scene they launched) to classic rock.

FWIW, "teen spirit" was played after fleetwood mac "gypsy" and before supertamp "the logical song."