Thread: classic rock?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: classic rock?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when i am in the car i usually don't listen to the radio but when i do its usually on a classic rock station and then my next choice is one of the many alternative stations here in dallas.

a few days ago, i heard 3 songs on a classic rock station that i had never heard on a classic rock channel before.

they were:

1. alice in chains- man in the box
2. guns n' roses- paradise city
3. nirvana- smells like teen spirit

are any of these or all of them classic rock songs? i am interested to here what others define as "classic rock," is it a time period or a type of music? many arguements can be had.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not classic rock. journey and boston are not classic rock. classic rock is eric clapton, zeppelin, creedence, hendrix, the allman brothers, fleetwood, skynyrd, the stones, stevie ray and santana to name a few...

[/ QUOTE ]
Says who?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, despite the length and girth of the cock Journey sucks, it is most certainly classic rock. And Boston? Sheeeit, you should have been around in the late 70's, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i posted that last night i figured that it wasn't exactly correct in that they are classic rock, but not what I think of when someone says "classic" rock...I like boston a lot actually, but they bridge classic rock and the 80's for me more than actually represent what i think is truely classic....

and yea, gnr being classic rock is just funny to me....