View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Live Deep Stacked

[ QUOTE ]
I agree the bet is too big, but you really think he folds the 2nd nuts? I mean this is like hero potting it again then folding to a reraise because he sees there are 3 hands out there that beat him, a little fanciful in my opinion, sometimes we give people too much credit.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...even if the river bet is just flat out wrong even though I expected to get called by many other flushes (meh, it could be), the actual river bet itself is completely independant of the results. I feel fairly certain that the result is the same no matter what. It is going to be extremely difficult to get away from this hand because, as I said, this guy's hand range is, IMO, much wider than a str8 flush. I would expect this guy to raise a pot-sized bet with any flush from how he played. Obviously, I could flat call, but why would I not raise that range? It's one thing to have a 4-card straight flush on the board and quite another to require a combination.

If someone would lay this down, I'd like to play with them because they'd be easily exploitable. Although different people have different styles and would have played the river differently, I don't think anyone on this board doesn't get stacked here. The guy is drawing to 4 outs when you pot it and only one of them breaks you. Any of 6 cards and you're a favorite to break him. This hand was so nasty because of the fact that I had almost no way out and we were both super deep.