View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: The art of retouching

Most men realise that even if the supermodels really do look like that, their chance of meeting and scoring with them is not very high. They also understand that real women just aren't made that way.

Now boys will certainly compare you pound for pound, but they don't know any better. They haven't been with a real woman before.

So while the retouching is pretty amazing and can go over the top, it's all about marketing, and a secure woman (does one exist?) would not feel threatened by it, unless she prefers going out with boys rather than men.

My sister is a model, so I've known about photo retouching and all that. A lot of the shots she does go untouched, but there were a few where retouching improved the photo significantly, which makes it more marketable.

Anyway, girls who spend large amounts of time in the morning putting on makeup are doing their own "retouching" every day. It's pretty close to the same thing. If one is okay, I don't see the problem with the other. Everyone wants to look better.