View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: A hand a friend and I discussed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was just wondering, if you bet, the button raises and the BB calls two cold, is it reasonable to assume that you're no good?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, how can you assume your beat at all? No one has shown aggression except for you and the button. It makes sense to put the Button on the Kc probably AK or KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

he 3bet me pf, so IMO a hand like Kq from this guy was rather unlikely. i also don't think he is 3betting the flop with just AKc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you 3-bet the flop? I see KQo being reraised preflop with position quite regularly by TAG's at 2/4. But I think with KQ he would want to keep the donk in, no? So he probably wouldn't raise the flop. 99 is a possibility as well. I can't see him with a big pocket because he would have raised the turn when the safe card dropped. The turn card is also great for an overpair as it counterfits any flop top 2 pair. Does he 3 bet with small pockets when he's not in the blinds against a steal?

Looking at it more I really think that you're ahead on the river, bar donk-boy having coasted along all the way with a monster that he was waiting to checkraise the river with.