View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Nut flush pairs board on river

9 handed $3/$6 Omaha/8b

Hero is Big Blind with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP calls, 1 fold, CO calls, button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO bets, button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, button checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero ... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well, I made the nut flush on the river but the board paired in the process. I suspect most of my opponents missed their low draws and are now prepared to fold. However I'm first to act and am unsure on how to proceed.

My options as I see it...

1) Check and call. Yet if I check, will I be able to profit when a worse hand bets? I get the feeling it will get checked around whenever I hold the best hand, but I'll be calling with a loser the majority of the time that someone else bets.

2) Betting. Will a worse hand call? Perhaps someone with trips or a smaller flush will call, but I'd hate to get raised here. The pot is so small that it would make me sick to have to put in two big bets on the river to find out if I'm good. Can I fold to a raise? I don't know. Ugh. What's the hero's best strategy here?