View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: My First Live MTT

[ QUOTE ]
It seemed to me that blinds/antes rise too quickly and one cannot afford to be patient with starting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO.

This is the problem with all online multis as well, but at least you get 1/2 hour there. Your 200 starting stack is horrible though. That's a pretty bad structure, but there is definitely strategy to be had. Be prepared to go out a lot in these though since you have no choice but to play. You could probably play tight at the 5/5 level, but after that you have to open up. You want to be in pots with those maniacs, not avoid them. You're going to have to loosen up here, but not any two like the guys you describe. I'm struggling with these structures/players online right now too. I was like you. I used to play tight, the blinds killed me, and then I would go out shortstacked (0 fold equity in these) You'll almost never sniff a final table playing like that in my experience. I've loosened up my standards and I'm more aggressive now knowing that I don't need as strong a hand to win against these guys. I think the most important thing is picking your spots with your marginal hands. That's what I'm working on.