View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Sands AC 12/28 tourney (long)

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">145 players, never more than 100 at once. Usual cap is 90 but they opened a 10th table just before the start. As people got knocked out, "alternates" took their place with T500 in chips all during the first hour. That whole alternate scheme was asinine and I would have left if I wasn't seated at the start</font>

Why? What's wrong with bringing in extra players at short stack to pad your prize pool? Isn't it better to face a bunch of 1000s than to play through a 145 field when the stacks are larger by the time you get to the same people?

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand ... great for me (player seated to start), silly for the alternates. I can't think of a more -EV situation than the guy who sat down at my table with T500 50 minutes in. This same guy busted on the last hand of the hour and then did a rebuy but no add on. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Other than not having $60, I can't see why you wouldn't 2xrebuy and add on at that point.

And yeah, I was looking for a R&amp;A, but I'm going to play the HoB $40+$10 freezeout next time I'm down. Besides the great raves that game gets from 2+2ers I got a few players yesterday recommending it as well. It was my plan B if I didn't get to play at the Sands yesterday.