View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Deep 100nl with one crazy villain

Not sure if this is the right forum but the stack sizes large.
If it needs to be moved feel free.
I played a couple of hands last night with this crazy villain on the party 100nl 6-max, the two of them here being notable.
The first hand was my first confrontation with him and it leads to the second hand:

Hand 1
I have 180 and he covers.
I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG and raise 4 villain calls in BB

Flop8.5) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet 7 and he calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sweet my first royal. Villain bets 15 and I not having a good royal line min raise to 30 (I know but in this case it worked wonders) he min raises me back to 45 and i call.

River: (~110) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He shoves and shows 78off and I take a big pot.

So villain is obviously a pretty bad lag which brings me to the second and not so braggy part of my post.

Hand 2:

He has ~ 200 and I cover.
Pre Flop:
I'm dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the small blind. All fold to villain who makes it 3 to go. His standard opener which just means any two. I make it 10 to go he calls and we take it heads up.

Flop~20) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 15 and he calls

Turn: (~50) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet 35 and he calls

River: (~120) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check and he shoves for 140 more.

Now I feel like I'm obligated to call this because of the way I played the hand, but is there a better line to be taken, especially on the river, which doesn't put me in such a weird spot. I should note that the only time I saw the villain get out of line before was on hand one and he hadn’t done anything that crazy to others, so I wasn’t sure what to do exactly.