View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: QQ overpair hand - $200 NL

Now that I've got one guy agreeing with the turn play let's look a little deeper.

1. If he has made flush less than King hi, check-calling is better because it costs the same as betting but I actually get to see a river when I'm drawing live

2. If he has a set, check-calling is way better because it costs the same as betting but I actuall get to see the river when I'm drawing quite live

3. If he has a made flush king high or ace high, then bet/folding is better because it saves me money the times on the river that I actually hit my own flush and it's no good

4. If he has any smaller pair (99-TT with or without a club, 66 with a club), he'll likely bet when checked to but not call a bet -- here I have him drawing to 1-2 outs

5. If he has AJ with ace of club or KJ with K of club I avoid getting blasted off the best hand

6. If he has a naked ace or king of clubs he may check or bet smallish and draw out for free/cheap

Against that hand range I think the check/call is the clear way to play the hand.

More on river later.