View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Scientists Find A DNA Change That Accounts For White Skin

[ QUOTE ]
If you are attributing things to "climate," you shouldn't attribute them to genes...

Sure, move a group of Inuits to East Africa, give them the same diet and have them live at the same altitude as the best distance runners and pretty soon you will have excellent inuit runners.

To say one group is "taller" is a big joke outside of sub-saharan Africa. A very big joke. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have no idea what I am talking about. West Africans aren't better sprinters then others. East Africans aren't better distance runners. Northern Europeans don't have better upper body strength. It is all nonsense.

In all seriousness. Anybody who is denying physical differences between different groups of human beings is ignoring a lot of evidence. Ok, forget "race" and let's say "geography." You know what is meant.

And you really believe that if you took some inuits and put them in a different climate and trained them, that you could produce some great sprinters? Have you ever seen a picture of an inuit? Evolution has given them short stocky legs. All the training in the world is not going to produce a great sprinter.

I am really amazed that there are educated people who refuse to acknowledge these physical differences. A journalist wrote a book a few years ago called "Taboo" about this topic.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1586480...ce&n=283155