View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Button Bongo Bonanza at the Bike

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I guess my question is "What limit were you playing?"

[/ QUOTE ]

20-40 HE. I'm confused by the responses thus far, though. How is the button getting past the 6 seat? It is the 5 seat who's on the phone -- the 6 seat is still in the game when I move to the 7 seat.

Sparks

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your post to mean that the six seat actually moved leaving the six seat empty. Now I realize that the six seat merely locked up the eight seat, which is empty for the hand in question. Heck, I'm late anyway but this is Bike business so let me try again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You haven't taken any blinds and slide to the empty seven seat. Seat five, who should have had the button leaves the table and doesn't say "deal me in" so he can't be dealt in. Seat six, who had the big blind last hand and has seat eight locked for a future move, posts the small blind on the button (which must slide forward to an occupied seat). You must post a big blind in seat seven if you want to play. Seat nine also posts a big blind (seat eight being empty) since there must be two blinds forward of the button unless someone is buying the button or posting inside.

Next hand you post a small blind on the button in seat seven. Presumably seat eight now gets up and deals off (a good time to move his chips to his new seat). Seat nine posts a small blind in front of the button and seat one posts the big blind. Next hand all returns to normal as seat nine gets the button and seat eight can be dealt in for free since he dealt off.

I need to see the landlord about my window leak and will check back in ten to fifteen minutes. Otherwise, any responses will have to wait until tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,

Rick

PS I don't like those receptacles either. This must have been table number seven.