Thread: Chatting it Up
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Chatting it Up

Villian is pretty straightforward ABC. Tight preflop, aggressive when he hits. Button is a super-lag, and I was going for the big check raise on the flop.

I'm going to include some of Villian's chat here during the hand, because i think it's relevant to making a read. Villian hadn't said a word in the last half hour. Do you make this fold? This may be standard and I'm just trying to convince myself I'm not weak-tight, if that's the case, tell me.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($232.15)
Button ($290.02)
SB ($284.25)
BB ($204.80)
UTG ($201.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $8, Button calls $8, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($27) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($27) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45</font>, Button folds, UTG Pushes,

UTG:cya
Me:that has to be a straight
UTG:don't ever try to steal my pots

Hero folds.

Final Pot: $82