View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Am I Playing These Wrong???

Thanks for the advice. In general, it sounds like I played okay, just suffered some negative variance (it hurts a lot more in a 200+ BB downswing, but I am sure you have all been there before).

As for the comments: I appreciate the thoughts on the obviously controversial slowplaying of the kings. I should have that I "never" slowplay kings except in the exact situation on very few occasions.

I never thought about waiting until the flop to try to isolate the maniac. I was hoping my cap would have done it. Too bad if I had played it that way I might have gotten the pot the the MP caught a 10 to get it. Great advice.

Most seem to suggest betting the river with the pocket jacks hand. I chose not to not b/c of the flush, but rather because it seemed that the only card he could have to still be in the hand was a 3. I knew I did not want to be checkraised here so I checked to either 1) save from being checkraised by a better hand or 2) induce a bluff from a worse hand. I thought it was one of those situations where he either made his hand and would bet or didn't and would bluff at my check. I do however recognize that he could have a hand like 6 7 and just check, but I felt he would bet or bluff with just about anything. (As it turns out he of course had a 3 b/c he called a PFR w/ 53o. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow, using this logic, I chose to check/call the river. To me this seems correct. Any thoughts?

Thanks to all those who have provided helpful comments.

Shermn27