View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Just plain nastiness

You got the perfect flop, and got hosed. That's poker. If you ever get good enough that you can read someone for exactly 99 in the pocket for calling a standard raise, playing the way he did WITH a flush draw on the board, please let me know, and I will never sit down at a table with you.

BTW, I think by the time you might have realized he had quads (i.e. calling your turn bet or going all-in), can you actually fold at this point???

Maybe a better question is... what range of hands does someone bet the way he did? Hmmm, that makes it a little tougher. You don't play any underpair that way... the board pairing sure makes it tough to play like he did without 99. MAYBE AA plays the way he did, but usually that turn raise would make AA think pretty hard. Pretty much the only hand I could see playing the way he did besides 99 is something like 89 or 9T (I think he's safe in assuming you don't have a flush, since the Ks is out). Maybe AQs... but even that seems like a bad play.

Ouch... I dunno. You gotta be really disciplined to lay down your hand in that situation.