View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 05:06 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Poker throwing off my sense of proportion with money

[ QUOTE ]
One very obvious issue that I neglected to mention.

I pretty much have enough money to purchase a semi-decent car if I wanted to.
But right now I'm more focused on building my bankroll and just don't want to splurge.

I'm also going to take some of my left-over W$ on Stars and play a couple prelim events at the WSOP for possibly up to $8k in entry-fees (although I will likely not have THAT many W$).
Obviously I could sell these W$ for cash and do okay...but I've decided to buy my way into a couple of prelim events instead.

The prelim events don't sound like an extraordinary expense if you are doing decently multi-tabling the 5/10 game and/or have a decent bankroll or whatever.

But it does feel strange that I have a fairly reasonable amount of money and will be possible blowing quite a bit of W$ that COULD have been converted to cash on these prelim events...
YET I still am driving around in my dented 96 Chevy-Cavalier with almost 170k miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

People ask me all the time if I'm getting a new car. I have a '98 van that's paid for and still running great even with 160k miles. Given where I live, I don't drive as much anymore. Why would I need a new car?

Trade in has crossed my mind. But no way am I going back to making payments on something new.

Poker is a low consumption lifestyle, Imo.

b