View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: This is a very important post for me...

You sound like an intelligent guy and asking for advice from others demonstrates that (although asking poker players is somewhat more dodgy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Chesspain makes a good point (what else would you expect from someone with a Freud avatar)about your mixed motivations for leaving your college. You are not enjoying your lifestyle there and you love playing poker, but there is no real reason why you should put these 2 things in opposition as a choice.
If location and friends is the issue then transfering to a NY college seems like an answer to that.
College vrs playing poker is a different question and you might make a mistake if you continue to think of it in terms of loneliness living somewhere you don't like vrs playing poker for a living. In fact it may even be an error to think of it in terms of college vrs poker - they are very compatible, why full time?

However on the whole poker vrs college choice I don't think there is any harm in giving poker a try if you really really want to do it, think you can, and have the funds. That is assuming that returning to college if it doesn't work out is an easy thing to do.
Also full time online poker during the day isn't the healthiest thing for a young man to do.
Whatever you decide I wish you luck, and I hope it works out for you.