View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Struggling in a live $8-$16 game

A lot is also board dependent. If I have no real draws in addition to my top pair draws I usually just check and fold if unimproved and bet into. I will mix it up so they don't auto bet me if I check after I preflop raised. Because I do check and even fold unimproved I am able to bluff when a ragged board comes and I'm AK no pair. Even idiots notice when you raise then check the flop and or fold. They figure I must have a big pair so they might take a card off trying for a second pair, trips etc, but I usually get the pot HU and can frequently take it down unimproved on the turn or river by them folding. Of course you will improve on occasion which is sweeter. This only comes from the image that I will not bet if I don't have it. If the board is right I may (rarely) check if I hit too so they have no idea what a check or bet means from me. If you have a nut flush or straight draw in addition to your TP draw a bet is good but remember a lot of broadway cards that missed you are likely to hit them.