View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: I\'m never gonna graduate college.

Meh. I hate college too. But I know I need a degree, so I just make it work. Motivate yourself through knowing you did a lot less work than the rest of the class and still got a good grade. I just got back from a Broken Social Scene concert, now I am on 2+2, and I have a test tomorrow at 10am in a class I have attended only once. Also I didn't buy the textbook. But since I know I need to get my [censored] done, I will stay up until 9am studying, and am willing to put significant money on me getting at least a B. Its a philosophy class, not advanced engineering!

In any case, the way to motivate yourself is to have a system of goals. If your whole life has sucked, and you are afraid the rest of it is going to as well, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You are the only one who knows what would make you happy. I am sure something is out there, just find it and work hard for it. My goals happen to all require a college degree, and I do much better (and am more motivated) since I have made this mental association between college and my future.

Anyway hope this made sense, but the key is making yourself happy. It is possible.