View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: What\'s With This DERB?

DERB - Dont Ever Run Bad

here is the original thread

apparently he plays far too loose and aggressive to possibly be a winning player as far as anyone can tell, but he somehow has shown a profit over many hands that no 2+2er can beat, looking at some of his hands, it seems that he plays horribly postflop and plays far too many hands preflop, but somehow is a consistant winner

some think that he has discovered a new strategy that is better than the standard TAG for beating TAG games, others think he is just a luckbox, and others think he may be cheating

i actually dont know if he is still showing a profit, but he did for a while at least, and it is interesting to see that a player with completely unconventional tactics can be a consistant winner, but looking at his hands, im really not convinced that it is more than just extended luck

i also dont know all of the details as far as who he is or what the significance of him being from slovenia is, but i think there are others who know a bit more than i do

anyway, you should be able to find at least the basics of what i know in the link if you have not already seen the old thread