View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Letters of Resignation

Never done one before, but will be doing one soon. Do you typically explain why you are leaving in the letter or do you just politely say shove it my last day is XX/XX/XXXX?

This is my first job and I've worked here for 6 years but I'm getting tired of it. It's a small company and they're in a [censored] financial situation and really should have closed down months ago (anyone else would have at least). My departure will be very "boohoo tears please stay" sentimental.

Not to sound all high-and-mighty-I'm-Superman-like or anything, but it's a small company and I am literally responsible for more than 90% of what goes on here. There's a good chance the other 2 or 3 key people here will start job hunting and quit shortly after I do.

Knowing all this, and knowing that this guy's business will 99% tank after I leave, how do I proceed?

More importantly, how do I do it? Present it to him (the real boss, who is never here) or his wife (the one who never makes decisions, but is always here)? Hand it to someone or leave it on her desk until they feel like calling me in to talk about it? Or should I write SIIHP in crayon on the wall and just walk out now?