View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: STAY AWAY from 9 poker....

I'd disagree. When their own website lists the bonus and you sign up in good faith assuming that's what you'll get, and you don't, that's shady.

In response to an email I sent them, I got this today.

Funny what a little unwanted press will do for a place. Got this email today:

Dear Christopher,

I received a note from Thomas Mathiesen regarding an issue you experienced yesterday with our sign up bonus. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to this bonus issue.

I was aware of this issue when you spoke to Jack T. Burton, the Poker Customer Service Supervisor, however I was informed that the issue was under control and that you agreed to play the assigned bonus. I assure you that I am not looking to get more money out of your bonus, nor I want to force to play more than what you need to redeem your bonus. That's why I sent out a request today to the data base manager to relocate your bonus and set the correct amount. This may take a couple of days as it is not a simple process and it has to be added to the data base schedule, but I will make sure to get it done this week. In the mean time Christopher, you can continue playing and earning POP points towards your $150 bonus. Remember that you need to achieve 1800 POP points and not 1500, as we changed the settings about 1 week ago.

Finally Christopher, let me explain to you why this happened as I feel you have the right to know. As I mentioned above, we recently changed our bonus configuration and it seems that a bug was created causing that your deposit exceeded the limit established on the system; the result was that on $200 deposits it was giving 150% on $150 deposit which was around $225 in bonus. Fortunately this issue was fixed this morning, so you shouldn't see anymore of this issues happening again.

I appreciate your time and patience Christopher, and I hope to keep
seeing you at the tables.

Best regards,

Jeremy Taylor
Product Manager

So, they are going to honor what I signed up for, albiet slightly different (12 POP instead of 10 POP). I'm satisfied with this resolution for the most part. However, I didn't and still don't appreciate the customer service essentially lying to me about the situation on two different occasions.