View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Ever wonder why 2+2 is going downhill?

[ QUOTE ]
i know of quite a few posters that always post well developed responses that to me, are always self-evident. i often dont read their replies or i skim them to get to the good stuff. i realize however that to many other people their thoughts might not be self-evident, so they are doing them a service. lately when im replying to a thread i dont post self-evident reasoning when i know the op knows my thoughts. if i have something to say that i think someone might not take into account i say it. your reasoning for why the cap or fold doesnt matter is indeed self-evident, but i also think its wrong. evan's arguement is also likely self-evident. i personally appreciate it when posters reply to my threads with correct answers, whether they elaborate on them or not. twoplustwo isnt going downhill because of oneliners. people (usually) post oneliners because their thoughts are self-evident and dont do anybody a service.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your response. I obvously don't play on your level, or on Evan's. Given the limited information about the texture of the particular game, the players, and their current psychological state of mind, let me state that I don't see a large financial difference between folding the hand to the reraise, and capping - since in the long run I think the cap will have only a small return.

At this point, based on your statement that Evan's reply was self-evident,I will make the assumption that capping has a larger return than I originally thought. However, I still don't know this for fact because I obviously am not a strong enough player to read between the lines.

Perhaps I need to read more, and post less.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]