View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Worst Downswing of my short poker career...Is this typical?

Let me start by saying that this post is mostly whining, but I am truly seeking some advice. I am a SS limit player who has torn up the lowest limits and has kept playing 2/4 ever since. This is over 18,427 hands. Over the past 7 days, (3,579 hands [I got to play more b/c it is christmas break]) I have been demolished taking a 161 BB downswing. This is after being up 285 BB in the previous 18,000+ hands.

So I have been examing my play, re-reading, and checking my stats. I have found that with only two small exceptions my stats are exactly the same. My Went-to-Showdown has dropped from 29.06 to 24.9. However, my Fold to river bet and W$SF have stayed the same. Finally, my W$SD has dropped from 51.95 to 42.02. So even though I am going to less showdowns, I am losing even more of the ones I go to. Does this make any sense to anyone?

I keep thinking this is due to negative variance (losing big pots to 2 outers seems more frequent than before) but maybe everyone is just getting better. Or maybe I was never any good. I would really just like some thoughts or advice from others. In the mean time I am taking a few days off. Thanks.

Shermn27