View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: PartyGaming Press Release

Putting BJ and side bets on poker sites is a separate issue from the split. They just happen to be taking place at the same time.

I think the Skins getting screwed. It seems like they were paying good money to get the software AND the player base.
I am guessing some lawyers are going to be very busy trying to find a way to stop this. It may be legal, but it certainly seems like it is a pretty dirty way to do business with the Skins.

I believe that it is a TERRIBLE idea for poker sites to put blackjack and other gambling so 'in your face'. It may or may not hurt the games or erode the player base, but it is still a very bad idea.

Internet gambling in the US is not a given for now and eternity. Frankly, I am surprised there has not already been a crackdown of some sort. LOTS of US dollars are flowing overseas and the bible thumpers (who are rapidly taking over) just love to burn a few witches at the stake to justify their existance.

If poker is to set itself apart from other gambling, it needs to do exatly that.

Jim