View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Results/Thoughts

I pushed the turn and immediate regretted it. My ego pushed before my head could tell it not to, gotta keep my hand off the mouse.

I think that a hand like 9T, or QJ either lead out or more likely c/r here.

I would usually expect two pair to c/r as well, but he was smart and waited for this idiot to push the turn.

I'm trying not to be results oriented here, but I think once the A hits, you have a reason to see a showdown and should get there cheap playing WAWB type strategy.

He may be drawing, but given that I am behind his likely range I think I check behind on the turn and call a medium river bet.

Since its still the first level, I'm not scared to play a 400-600 stack since that is still enough to build on.

I ran very well in August, and every FT I had at some point, or points in the tourney been down to 6BB's and come back. So if I don't fear playing short, I need to play this hand properly.

Also, If I am ahead, I am likely to stay ahead on the river and get more value calling, or betting the river if checked to. If I am ahead on the turn, my push is not being called by a worse hand, and I get no value if I am ahead.

I pushed the turn, was instacalled by 89.

No help came on the river.

Regards,
Woodguy