View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: What\'s your turn play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,

$100 Party MTT

I don't always bet the flop, but here I did.

What is your turn play?

As always, please give a rationale for your move and what you put the BB on.

Just saying "I push" etc.without stating your reasons is of no value.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t1055)
UTG+1 (t1045)
UTG+2 (t985)
MP1 (t975)
MP2 (t955)
MP3 (t830)
Hero (t1030)
Button (t1230)
SB (t985)
BB (t910)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t60, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls t60.

Flop: (t250) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, BB calls t200, MP2 folds.

Turn: (t650) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks,

Hero ???.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant see what hands he has here that you're ahead of...IOW, whats he calling PF with and then the 4/5 flop bet with that you're ahead of here? Maybe AJ, Maybe AT...but I doubt it. Flush draw is close to about ummm 0%, so thats not really gonna be part of my analysis on the turn. I am more worried about what he is ALREADY ahead with, not what he is drawing to. Sets and JT are most likely holding. AQ would raise the flop I think.

I'm lost here. I want out of this hand after the flop call and the friggin A has to come on the turn just to entice you.

Of course, QJ and KQ are possibilities too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a pair, 77 or below. Though I've never played this high buy in, and I know the quality of play is probably much better than a 30+3, but it's still early, he could still be a donk. On the flop, villian may be thinking hero missed, I think donks probably still happen at this buy in level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what this turn is all about...IOW, if he donk called thinking you missed, then you need to fire again on the turn. Even if villain called thinking you missed the flop, the A wil convince him otherwise now anyway.

The problem is here that Hero has no more room to find out and I will go broke here on the turn early in a tournament...I have no problems with betting/pushing this turn.