Thread: Favorite Hands
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Favorite Hands

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, every now and then, it's interesting to just call with absolute garbage - 92o, etc. If you actually flop something, no one in the world suspects it, and they can't put you on a game. (Don't do it TOO often, obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing $1/$2 NL on Stars the other night, I get 92o in the BB. 6 players to the flop (no pre-flop raises). Flop is A45 rainbow. SB checks, I check, bet of $2, raised to $4, re-raised to $8, LP calls the $8, SB folds, I call the $8, two more calls. Pot is $44. Turn is a 9. Checked to the re-raiser, he bets $12, LP calls, I figure I have at least 6 outs (two 9's, four 3's) and maybe 9 outs (three 2's) so I call, others fold. 3 to the river for $80. River is a 2. I check, bet of $12, called by LP, I call (I put one of them on Ax, and the other on a busted straight draw, maybe two pair 4's and 5's?). Both of them turn over 45s, and I drag a nice pot with 92o.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think the call on the flop was the most questionable play I made, but I had a pretty good read on both of the LP players.