View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Stuff I do that I don\'t like

[ QUOTE ]

But with 1 limper + blinds I'm only getting 5-1 on my complete. That means I would have to make up 3BB without getting out-drawn.
KO

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment made me think about the implied odds thread in the latest digest (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;PHPSESSID=). Read Nick Royales posts.

Basically, what he wrote was that there is a difference between calling 5-1 and 10-2 when you calculate implied odds.

In this particular case it would translate into that there is a difference between calling PF 2.5-0.5, which is what we really do here, and calling 5-1, which is what KingOtter used in his calculations.

If KO is right here and we need 11-1, we would not really need to be able to get another 3 BB, but just 3 SB. Since we want to get 11-1, and we pay only 0.5, we really need 5.5-0.5, and since we are currently getting 2.5-0.5, we only need 3 SB more.

In the example of 2 limpers, where we get 7-1, or more correctly, 3.5-0.5, it would then mean that we need no more than 2 SB.

Royale opened my eyes for this just this day, so my reasoning could be completely wrong, but I don't think so.

(didn't read all posts, just scanned them, so sorry if Im repeating someone else)