View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: yes, yes, i have your weak trips crushed, now how much to bet...

[ QUOTE ]
good 20-20 game. I limp A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in CO after a couple limpers.

Flop:

7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pot: $110

UTG ($900, this is a guy who buys in very short and then gets allin a lot, he's doubled up from his initial buyin and is kind of random) bets $60

I ($4000) raise to $180

Button ($4000) calls. Now, button is very tight passive. This is trips almost every time.

UTG calls.

Turn is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

UTG checks, action's on me. Pot it? 1/2 pot? Go for the fatty check/raise?

Obviously I am eyeing button's enormous stack.

If he's got the trips I think he's got, he's (probably) going to bet if I check, but this guy's idea of a bet is generally no bigger than $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boring, I guess.

Anyway. I bet $500, which is 3/4 pot, my usual bet size. Tight guy took a long, long time and folded. SB check/raises allin with AA (??) and does not improve.

Tight guy says the river 8 gives his 87 a boat.

I'm not sure how much I can soak tighty for if I check/raise. Obviously I can't check/3-bet (he would be crazy to call that), but if I check, he bets and shorty moves in and I call, he can't fold trips there. Of course, once he hits his kicker on the river I won't be loving it.

Deep stacks + unraised pot + tight/passive player = hard to get a lot in there, was hoping for some more tips from you guys.