View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Red Sox pay $11 million to rid themselves of Edgar Renteria

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a GREAT deal for the Braves. I am going to make the insanely bold prediction that the Braves pick up the $11M option on Reneria in 2009 when he is all of 33 years old!

Renteria at $6M per year will be one of the best bargains amongst vereran players over the next three years. This fills a pretty big hole for the Braves without really hurting themselves in the near future, despite giving up a top flight prospect.

This was a terrible move by the Red Sox. One bad year and let's just throw Renteria in the crap heap. Not only do they create a huge hole for themselves, but they PAY money to create that hole. While Marte is a very good prospect, let's not put him in the All Star game just yet. Much better prospects have been total flops. As the rosters stand, I would not expect Marte to be the starting 3B in Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

huge hole? have you seen the starting SS for the last few WS champs?

this is a good deal for both sides. the braves get value on renteria while the red sox get the NUMBER ONE prospect accoding to baseball prospectus. the braves could not get him into the starting lineup becuase of jones, yet the red sox have no such problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider going from Edgar Renteria to Alex Cora as your starting shortstop creating a huge hole.

Now Marte is blocked by Mike Lowell. Have fun with that Boston fans.