Thread: OJ Simpson
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: OJ Simpson

I went to high school in the ghetto. I was the only white kid in my English class when we were all watching the verdict being read. Of course everybody cheered and I was stunned and disappointed to say the least. We had weeks of discussions about it wherein I was the only one that felt the way that I did.

My class took the position that the only reason that he was even put up on charges is because he's black. I took the stance that one of the main reasons that he got off was in fact BECAUSE he was black. For this I was essentially branded a racist and spent a lot of time trying to talk my way out of some hairy conversations.

I still feel like that day and the following weeks had a drastic affect on my view of the world. Although I do now realize that they were all just impressionable teenagers being strung around by an incredibly righteous teacher, but it was still shocking. On another note, my school was one of the main players in the old California Prop 187 walkouts if anyone remembers that, so I was obviously surrounded by idiots.

I don't think anybody can reasonably say that he's innocent unless they are very brainwashed and using that historical case as a crux for some warped global belief they have.

-Jihad