View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 12:42 PM

Default If you were pretty sure that someone stole $4 from you at a B&M?

Whats up guys,

I was at Commerce last week (full trip report coming) and I was sitting at a table with this guy. We were having a pretty good time and getting along really well. We are quoting lines from poolhall junkes and rounders and stuff and generally the atmosphere is good. So the seat on my left opens up and he switches to it. Everything is cool and Ive got about $30 on the table. I take the $20 that I bought in with and stack it in one stack to my left because I want to keep playing with won money (only $1/2). I shift to my right to grab a bite of my burger and as Im turning back to my left where this guy was he makes some kind of joke and grabs my $20 stack, then puts it back down. So I count it and its $4 short and I say, "wow I thought that i had $20 here."

Now maybe I bet it without realizing but this is pretty suspicious. I start to get a little cold to this guy and so eventually said something like, "dont worry things will be cool as long as you dont touch my chips again." Eventually he moved back across the table and I proceeded to clean him out. He bought in with like $100 and had about $50 when this incident occured. He left with nothing.

So I figured that he probably took my money but that it wasnt worth calling security etc, plus I did take it back eventually through play.

So what would you do? If it was a lot more money I would have said something, but $4?

Greg