View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Getting aggressive

I don't play at the higher limits (cause I like my money), but theres a few things curious about this guys' place.

1) He limped with an ace in a pretty good steal spot, all he really had to worry about was the queen. What do we think of villain's limp here? Does it mean he likely just has three high cards? Is he limping with split aces to "slowplay" them? Three spades is a possibility but not as likely as the other two. Maybe hes limping with some K X A?

2) Villain bet out twice with the better board and called a raise from Mike. When I play like this, it usually means I have aces up, and somehow my gut says "maybe hes rolled up ... get to a cheap showdown." That doesn't mean villain is playing like that too, but its a possibility. Another thing, if the villain really doesn have two high cards in the hole, shouldn't he be folding because you are representing something like rolled up or a big pair in the hole. Hero's board suggests that neither street helped much (except 99 in the hole).

Just a few things to ponder.

My personal take: there's a difference between pushing small edges and chip spewing blind aggression, this seems like spewage to me.