View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 01:18 AM

Default It\'s an old topic, but let\'s revive it. SIRIUS!!!

As a business student, I am still learning the markets. I made some money off of Ford when it dropped to under 7. So I sold it and bought some Sirius. I'm young, and usually patiently turn my short term mistakes into long term investments. Which leads me to Sirius. I ignorantly invested in the hype around 6.50, it hit 9, but I didn't invest my retirement fund or a house mortgage so I'm okay. Sirius is new, has debt, but this industry attracts me. I am definately waiting for the Howard Stern hype. These networks keep adding channels, and are only getting more press with their stocks and there personalities. I'm guessing that these popular public radio hosts; Jim Rome, Dr. Drew and Adam Corrola (Loveline), Rush Limbau, Dr. Laura, can't wait until there contracts are up. With other personalities that could be jumping in if they haven't already; Dr. Phil, Dane Cook, Dave Chappell.

I know the Cable TV analogy is used a lot, but people have a lot of problems with the balance sheets. I think this industry can explode and I'm glad I got in cheaply.

Thoughts on this long term affects of this industy, and its future in January with Stern and years after.