View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Canada\'s not so nice, after all

I'm not even going to start with the content in the acticle because it would likely take me days to address each and every one of the massive oversimplifications that this lady has chosen to use for her piece on how "we" as Canadians feel about our southern neighbors.

The one thing that struck me though as I read this piece and one that you as Americans should, I believe, take to heart, is that the author chose to move to (and write from) a country that is still considered (by both countries) to be a friend. No one country in the world likes or appreciates (both said and unsaid) the USA more than Canada.

SO WHAT !! . . if we are like the little brother who calls "bullshit" ocassionally, when your head or your mouth (or both) get away from you. If the author wants to beat us up because we don't keep quiet and love the USA unequivocally, then so be it. But before getting your neck too far out of joint, as readers, just imagine for a moment the articles that would have been penned by the author, had she chosen ANY other country in the world, to move away to.

Oh . . and it is not even close.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] busguy