View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: What You Protestants Don\'t Seem to Get

[ QUOTE ]
What you meant to say is you don't understand them according to your logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you claim to be able to though? You have already stated that you don't expect to find perfection in any denomination's doctrine, with the logical implication that you feel comfortable only having an X% grasp of true doctrine. If all you mean is that no denomination matches your own interpretations, then you should start yet another protestant denomination. At least then you could claim its doctrines were 100% correct and be more likely to convince non-believers of same.

And as far as my not understanding your protestant interpretations according to my logic, you have also stated that you can find no logical contradictions in my views, so I see no reason to doubt the understanding of my particular denomination, the catholic church.

If you think that true doctrine and true logical implications of those doctrines can be in conflict, or that true doctrine and true science can conflict, then how can you claim to be intellectually honest? God asks faith of us, which means trusting in Him even if there is not complete evidence. He doesn't ask us to check our brain at the door to the church and accept logically contradictory doctrines as a part of a set of beliefs. If you think otherwise, then you really don't believe that God = truth, because He doesn't contradict Himself.