View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 12:32 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: running a household

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also i think a lot of people don't like the idea of being the one 'hard at work' while their husband/wife 'gets to stay at home' and it can cause resentment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Staying home with kids is 'hard work', and resentment can go both ways. You obviously do not have kids, most women that do would argue that it is more work than going to an office. You need to remember that a stay at home mom works 24/7.

I have been in every situation. When we first had kids, we both worked. I worked from home for a number of years, and now my wife stays home, and I work. I would not trade with my wife, and most men would not. When she does leave me at home for a day or a weekend, she usually returns to find me curled up in a ball, begging to go back to work. Not really, but it is hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i know, i agree with you. that is why i put 'gets to stay at home' in quotes and worded it the way i did. i was just throwing that out for discussion. i think it is common feeling from the provider to not understand (just watch supernanny!) and maybe why a lot of people might expect both to work (other than financial needs).