View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Re: TT first hand PUSH !

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but I see a lot of people push 99-JJ early like this, and it's usually done for one reason, no matter how they try to rationalize it. People push these hands because they are uncomfortable playing them postflop.

Since you've thought this through, how often will JJ-AA be in someone else's hand here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I had two players plus the blinds who had not acted before I pushed. Chance of JJ-AA is 4/17 per player so there is a pretty good chance. I believe two but maybe three players had limped. I would have to assume that they did not have JJ-AA but that some of the paint was already in play.

The chance of a slowplayed AA, KK by at least the first limper should be taken into account.

The chance that I am against JJ-KK and I win with a set should also be accounted for.

Serious analysis I find useful. Declaring a move as stupid without even a "Do you see why" is not helpful to anyone.

As for playing 99-JJ postflop. Not impossible, not even dificult, but not a guaranteed money maker either. 99-JJ are likely to lose value or percieved value when the flop comes. With 16 overcards the flop is more likely to cloud your perception of your position than improve it. If I end up in position then I can get away from a bad flop with little trouble. If someone calls behind me then it is likely going to take a bet to see where I am at and I have precious few chips for post flop play.

Alternate play suggestions.

Limp to catch a set and trap.
Bet to narrow the field
Fold. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]