View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Stupid chasing or good agressive play?

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.60 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.80 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

I am trying to loosen up in late position more, and K6s seemed a decent enough hand to call with (Sklanky says it is), when BB raised preflop, I am still trying to stay loose so I called.

On the flop I had the OESD and a BDFD + the over card. My re-raise here was as much for info from the BB as anything and when he 3-bet, I decided he must have a big pair or AK.

On the turn, I am feeling pretty good that I can draw at least one of the cards I need. 18 outs here- is that correct? (Including the overcard). If I am right and he has JJ or QQ I felt that there is more than enough money in the pot to "chase" here. Obviously if he has AA or AK then my K outs don't matter but even without the overcard there are 15 outs. So I am trying to make him pay for being too cocky with that big pair I put him on by capping.

Is this good agressive play or stupid chasing with an obviously strong villain's hand?

The final pot was more than 20 BB, I'll post the results after a little bit.

Thanks for your thoughts.