View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: -400 Big Bet Downswing at $10/20 6max in 2 days

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're 10-tabling, a downswing results not just from a bad run of cards, but also a bad run of **tables**.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come Again? I hope you mean bad run of tables in terms of tables becoming too tight and you not having enough time to find a new one, and not in terms of luck....

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now, I'll let you answer that question for yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm sure he's +EV at almost every table he plays. But some situations may be close to 0 EV. When I first moved up to 10/20, I ran superhot, and added more tables (ok, 3 tables) until eventually I hit bump in the road. Just enough to make me wonder what I was doing wrong. Especially since my opponents seemed suckier than ever. What I realized was that my "autopilot" plays were absolutely terrible provided that there was a fish to my left and I hadn't identified him as a fish yet. Others may have different weaknesses in their default plays.

Now, three tables is few enough where the solution is "pay attention, stupid". But I can only imagine ten tables. If (I emphasize *if*) the OP is not interested in getting player reads, one solution that works with a high probability would be merely to leave the tables where he's losing, because these are more likely to be tables where he doesn't have a big advantage.

Oh yeah, and certain tables whose digits add up to prime numbers are unlucky, and Party is rigged.